Sunday, December 24, 2006

Using Music for Channeling

Even with my “expert” status at being a channel I do better getting into the “mood” for some heavy duty channeling if I’m listening to music. I tend to select the same piece over and over again. The idea is not to be entertained with the music, but to use it to help me even out, to calm down and to be more receptive.

For me what works best are instrumental pieces with no singing on them. The album I’ve been using for the last few years is Brainwave Suite by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson. If you click on the link it will take you to Amazon where you can hear a sample of all four brain waves; Alpha (relaxation and meditation) , Delta (sleep and rejuvenation), Theta (insight and intuition) and Alpha-Theta (the awakened mind).

I bought all four albums, but the one first in line on my computer and the one I’ve been using over and over again is the Delta one. I’m listening to it now. It’s a sort of poor man’s meditation. It forces you into a semi-meditative state. Well, maybe force is too strong a word. It’s like wearing a girdle (what’s that?), so you look skinny without really doing much about it.

I don’t understand why this works. It works for me, so I recommend it to you.

It’s also a good technique even if you’re not looking to channel, but just want to get some concentrated writing work done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the idea to use instrumental music for meditation and channeling. It's "coincidental" that I've already switched radiostations lately to one that plays mostly instrumental (classical) music.
haha.