Friday, February 22, 2008

Be Persistent

Part of learning how to channel involves both faith and that motivational technique of imagining yourself already doing something. Because, otherwise, it just doesn’t seem like much can possibly be happening a lot of the time.

One thing about the guides is if it is not appropriate they don’t say much. They can be there. In fact, everybody has a guide. And that guide is in very close contact with you. So, if you were to direct your thoughts toward that guide that’s a good thing. It’s like praying though. God doesn’t always answer out loud. So, don’t expect your guide to either. Just know that your guide is there and you can talk to him or her. In your head and heart is sufficient. It doesn’t have to be out loud.

The other thing that is helpful is when you have been doing this for 3 years and nothing has happened as far as concrete communications from your guide is that you don’t give up.

Figure, too, that the vessel might not be ready and there are other things you need to do. That’s why I think middle aged adults are able to do this more easily than younger folk. They’ve been around a while longer and have just flat out done more things.

Do what amuses you. Want to learn Italian? Don’t think it has anything to do with talking to your guide? Think again. Learn Italian.

Somehow when you take the focus of your attentions away from the contact guide quest for a brief period it actually begins happening. It’s sort of the same technique for manifestation. You want and want and want something to be so badly. Then, you release the want to the universe and it happens.

5 comments:

Donna said...

If I learned to look ALL around you sites, I would have seen This blog as well!! I love it! Night Sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Persistence is a useful trait. It reminds us that we can nurture innate skills we were initially unaware we had. Your post is engaging. You're a true blessing.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog -thankfully--and wondered if you have any experience with, well, head nodding. Actually, it that my head is being moved as if my nose were a pen, writing out letters, but I am just not getting all of it and my neck, frankly, gets tired. Any ideas? I am new to this, obviously.
I'd appreciate any insight you could give. Thanks!

Pauline Evanosky said...

Dear Anonymous,

Yes, I do the physical channeling all the time and head nodding and shaking is right in there. I do agree, though, that using your nose as a pen sucks. Transfer the movement to a pen held in your hand. Or pencil. Or crayon. Or something like that. Just say, "Okay, guides, we're going to use writing now. You can use my head for yes and no shakes, but no more writing with my nose." I should think that would work fine.

Brandy said...

I am so happy I found this blog! I want more than anything to learn to channel higher guides. I have been meditating for about 6 months from 30 minutes to 2 hours or more a day. I have also been going into to trance state, (at least I think I'm succeeding) as I am very good at holding a focus in seeing my energy swirling with the highest Guide aligned with my greater good and spiritual path. I can hold this vision for 15-30 minutes, but I've received no verbal communication as of yet.

A few mornings ago, I heard in my head the words "Bestow the connection". I thought to myself, "Bestow the connection??" those aren't MY words! (even though it seemed as if it were my own thoughts, not initiating from another voice) But, I would never say "bestow"! LOL. So needless to say, I couldn't sleep after that. I went to my office and pulled out the dictionary to look up the word "Bestow". Meaning: grant, pass on, or assign.

So when going into my 'trance state' I get these awesome goose bumps from the inside (this has been going on for a long time)and it feels like my energy is being boosted or something. I get to the place of feeling like I am floating and my hands feel almost numb, like they aren't connected to me. I have added the words, I "grant the connection to the highest master teacher that is aligned with my spiritual path and greater good", but still no verbal contact.

Does it seem that I am getting close? Has anyone experienced this?

I have read Sanaya Roman's and Duane Packer's book, "Opening to Channel" recommended on this site.

Can anyone offer advice or encouragement? Does it seem like I am getting closer to channeling?