Saturday, April 04, 2009

That Voice In My Head

This is an email I got the other day:

I think I might be hearing my guide in my head but I can't have a conversation with them. What happens usually is if I get angry at someone or something there is always a voice in my head which says stuff like think about it from their point of view or not to get angry at them because of some reason. But then if I think of another reason I should be angry it just answers back. It's really weired. It's like having a two sided argument in my head. What do you think? Is it just me or could it be my guide(s)?

And, here's my answer:

It’s probably your guide running interference for you. It’s a spotty connection, not real strong right now. They can come through because of your heightened emotional state. So, I think the thing to do is to be thankful you’ve got a connection, spotty though it is right now, resolve to work harder at strengthening that connection and not worry too much about the messages other than to look at your anger.

Guides are there to teach you not to tell you how to live your life. So, if you don’t get the point of what they are encouraging you to pay attention to right now, don’t worry about it so much. With me they just continued to say the same messages over and over again until I “got it”.

Your message about trying to think of what is going on in the other person’s shoes? Good one. Good lesson. I think your guide is just trying to get you to shift away from the tornado of being so angry and not being able to see much else to a place where you can be more objective about it and try to see the source of your anger.

What I’ve learned over the years is to ask myself what is bothering me when I get angry. Like I have my own personal cue of crappy drivers. When I need some personal introspective work and am not doing it, or am ignoring the signs that I need to go spend some quiet time, crappy drivers, I mean drivers who should never have gotten their driver’s licenses flock around me. They tail gate. They honk their horns at me. They buzz too close. I’m a basket case. Then, it dawns on me, “Oh, shit. I need to go see what psychological or emotional issue is up for me right now.” Takes about 10 minutes and you feel better.

Or, you could go journal for a little bit and just pour your feelings out on paper.

But, when you make a connection with Spirit a requirement is that you be the best connection you can be. You will eventually be in a position to help people and the best way you can do that is to have made a commitment to be the best you can be. That requirement includes paying attention to your own emotional and psychological health.

All of us, all of our lives work our ways through these emotional and psychological issues. Sometimes people take years to do bitty step after bitty step. The thing with talking to Guides is they step it up to a whole new level.

My advice would be to look at why you are getting so angry. Are you afraid of something? Are you in a defensive position to protect yourself? Go get a self help book and do your own fine tuning.

I hope things look up. It’s slow work. People work on their issues little bit by little bit. It’s just when you’re channeling you get to work on them more often.

No comments: