Saturday, December 29, 2012

So, How Have You Been?

It is a time for reflection and consideration of high and low points from the past year.  I'd have to reach back a couple of years to bring anybody up to speed on this blog.  All I can say is I spent a couple of years on Prozac.  In September I stopped taking it.  I realized that my life experiences had sort of flattened out.  I had lost the creative fire in my belly.  At 57 years old I decided it was time to get busy again.

So, following my doctor's advice I slowly weaned myself off of Prozac.  Yikes.  Double yikes.  I didn't realize there were actually withdrawal symptoms.  Any advice on the subject I would give is if you have a choice whether to start taking Prozac or not please seriously consider emotional healing via a therapist before you go the chemical route. 

Taking Prozac did help me deal with tremendous stress at work and allowed me to act in a professional manner but if I had it to do again?  I'd rip someone's head off first.  Nice talk from a supposedly spiritually conscious individual.  Anyway, I am working through the rough spots with my therapist. 

Want to hear a channeling funny?  One of the things I was working on was my temper.   At work I could go from 5 miles an hour to 150 miles an hour in the blink of an eye.  The result was I acted like a horse's patoot.  So, the goal was to deal with it. 

My therapist directed me to come up with a substitute of counting to 10; something I could memorize and say to myself when things got tough.  I considered all sorts of things and never really settled on anything.  Nothing anybody else wrote, however inspirational, suited me.  Nor did anything I could write.  Finally, I settled on saying a prayer from my childhood, a Hail Mary.  Even that wasn't good because I was seething while I was saying it and I just didn't feel right about it. 

So, there I was with nothing to fill in the space of 10 seconds that would help me throttle down.  Time passed and it finally all caught up with me when something or somebody pushed my button and I was poised to go off like a rocket.  In that millisecond one of the guides shouted out into the room, "Jesus Loves You".  It caught me by surprise and had the intended effect of hauling me back to earth pretty darn quick.  It was also interesting because the guides just don't do that with me.  Our "rules" are that no folk in spirit blurt anything out that I haven't approved.  But, they helped me that morning and for that I am grateful.

Now, being as how this is a space to help people to channel we can turn that story into a conversation about rules that you use when you are channeling.

The only rules you need follow are the ones you make up.  I give guidelines as far as things you can do to get you to the point where you are channeling, but it really boils down to what you feel comfortable with.

It's the same way you conduct your own life.  You've got rules that you follow.  When you are a kid you are following your parent's and teacher's rules.  When you grow up you are following society's rules and those that you have considered to be important to furthering your own way of life.

Same thing with channeling.  You are not a leaf to be blown about in a windstorm.  So, you make some rules, say of decorum.  Channeling out loud.  Well, I like to do that if nobody is around.  When you do it with others nearby sometimes they think you are talking to them.  Or, like what happened to me, they think there is somebody else in the room with you.  My own personal style is to have a sort of accent when Seth or other folk in spirit talk.  Sort of like Count Dracula from Transylvania.  I'll have to post a video so you can see what I'm talking about.  But, it was that one time that started my own personal "rule" of nobody in spirit talking through me unless I deem the coast clear. 

Have a Happy New Year and I hope to be here more often in the coming days.

No comments: