Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Little Lesson

When I first set out to channel I thought I would be getting some really important and little known information.  Stuff that not too many people had access to.  The real thing.  That’s what I thought.  

What I got instead was a really patient teacher who has guided and continues to guide me through life.  It’s not like he tells me every little thing to do.  It’s not like he always is there to tell me to stop inserting foot in mouth.  He doesn’t save me from embarrassing or even, sometimes, dangerous moments.  He’s there when I’ve got a question to ask.  Many times he will answer my question with another question just to get me thinking.  He does not give me the answers.  

He and the other guides and Folk in Spirit I talk to are there as friends.  

Like yesterday when I was in the kitchen.  I opened our utensil drawer to find a little plastic container I keep plastic lids in, a handy-dandy 7 in one miniature screw driver and a purse sized eye-glass repair kit half full of water.  I mean, what’s with that?  Right away I said, “Oh, Dennis.  Look what you did!”  Dennis wasn’t around to answer, but Seth did say, “How do you know he did it?  You could just as easily have gotten water on the counter that dribbled into the drawer.”  Stopped me in my tracks.  

So, when Dennis did show up I didn’t exactly accuse him of filling the drawer with water, but it sure sounded like it.  He immediately said, “How come I always get blamed for things like this?”  It took me back a step and I said, “That’s what the guides said too.”  I apologized.  It wasn’t earth shaking.  It’s not news that is going to stop the ice flows from melting.  But, it helped me, once again, to lighten up.  

No comments: