Sunday, July 09, 2006

Channeling In the Bread Isle

I made a promise to myself that every time I make an entry in The Spirit Moved Me that I’d find something to talk about in Learn To Channel too. I’m hoping to promise, at least, one entry a week into this blog.

At present these “lessons” are not arranged into any particular order. Rather, they are my experiences with channeling and, in particular, those things that might help somebody who is learning how.

Actually, I’d wanted to talk about a particular point, but the guides shot me down twice in the last minute. Sometimes I will just barrel on through past their objections, but when they say something more than once I start paying attention. The thing they said this morning as I moved into something I’d observed about my own experience only after I’d already been channeling for awhile was that I needed to concern myself with beginning channelers on these pages right now.

Normally, I would not write what I felt and how I felt as I write something, but, this was direct communication from my guides and since that is what this blog is about I want to include it here too. It’s all a process and when I was learning I didn’t know what to expect or how it would feel.

Anyway, here’s how it sort of goes….”Me typing, me typing, me typing…..Guides saying, “No…No…No….No”…Me going, “What? Now you made me lose my place. What are you talking about?”...Guides silent. “Me typing, me typing, me typing.” Guides saying, “No….No….No…No” Me stopping, centering, and allowing them to say something.

So, how do you know that your guide really said something? How do you know it isn’t you thinking it? How can you tell the difference?

In the beginning you can’t tell the difference. At least, I could not tell the difference. The only thing I had to go on was the fact that I was actively seeking to establish communication with my guide and because of that I was hoping, I was keeping my fingers crossed, I was really hoping that it would actually happen.

What happens is that when you are in the meditation mode of seeking, are actively involved in “The Meditation to Meet Your Guides” it’s pretty clear that you are speaking to a guide. As opposed to when you are in the grocery store moving through your list, hoping you are not going to go overboard on the sweet stuff just because your stomach is growling, and it’s almost dinner time, and the store is crowded, and it’s hot outside, and all you can think about is getting home. In the first instance you are consciously seeking communication. In the other situation you are busy living your life. And, the time will come when your guide might talk to you in the middle of the grocery store. What the hell is it going to sound like? Are you going to be struck dumb? Are you going to start shaking all over? Well, no.

For a beginning channel it’s probably going to be more along the lines of a feeling that you need to go back to the bread isle again. You’ve already been there once. In fact, you walked close to it another time when you back tracked to find some soup which is the next isle over. But, for some weird reason you felt the need to return again to the bread isle. So, you push the cart over there and this is the important part. You stay there for a few seconds longer than you normally would. Hey, I realize that this is a speedy shopping trip. You want to get home. Folks are going to be waiting for their dinners. It’s hot. There could be a horrible line up at the cash register. But, you stand there at the end of the bread isle for a few seconds. And, some little old lady rounds the end of the isle facing you and cannot reach the loaf of bread she wants. You move forward and get it for her. That’s all. You were moved into position to be of assistance to somebody else for a moment. It was no huge earthshaking communiqué from your guides. It was them moving you into place so you could help some little old lady who couldn’t reach the bread she wanted to get. Now, go get in line.

In the beginning I wasn’t able to hear my guides in a situation like that where there are other people around. Ideally, I would need to be by myself in either a quiet place or with the headphones on my head and soft new age instrumental music playing. Then, I could hear them pretty good.

Their voices would fade in and fade out too. It was sort of like me sticking my fingers in and out of my ears. I’d hear part of the sentence, not hear part of it, pick back up on it. It was nerve wracking, I can tell you. But, I eventually calmed down and once I’d allowed all that stress I was holding about the whole thing to fade away the reception got a whole lot better. Also, it just takes time to get used to it.

Anyway, back to the question of how do you know your guide said something and you didn’t think it? I ended up asking them. Thank goodness that phase didn’t last long because it was very awkward, but I’d say, “Did you just say something or did I think it?” That technique eventually evolved into what we do now which is me shooting an inquiry into the air for confirmation of something they’d said and me asking if I’d understood and interpreted it correctly and then having them come back with a mind’s eye visual for me of either a quick thumb’s up or a thumb’s down. There’s also a variation of this with some guide holding their nose. You can certainly figure out what that means.

No comments: