Saturday, August 19, 2006

What Was It Like?

I’m reminded of what it was like to learn how to channel.  I remember wondering what it would feel like when it happened.  I imagined something would be different about my world.  I imagined my life would turn about 180 degrees and I’d be a totally different person.  It didn’t happen.

What did happen was that my hand zoomed off of the edge of ouija board.  And, I didn’t do it.  That was the first thing that happened.  

Other minor things happened after that.  Like the year long headache I’d been having finally ended.  And, the damned ringing in my ears I’d been experiencing for as long as I’d had that year long headache also ended.  So, those were very welcome changes.

Then, for awhile after I started channeling I’d experience a tightness of a tingling band around the top of my head.  Also, I’d occasionally feel a picking feeling at the top right side of my head.  Not often and it didn’t last very long.  Just a few months.  Were those things related to the channeling?  I don’t know.  Seems the timing would indicate they were.  

The one really major change for me was in my dreams.  My dreams to that point had generally been along the lines of either fretful or nightmarish.  They had also been sort of lonely with me and whoever was chasing me in them.  After I started channeling all the guides showed up.  I’m assuming they were guides.  Maybe I should just call them Folk in Spirit because my mother is always in my dreams now.  I can remember in the early days I’d have dreams where I was channeling.  It took me a good year before I was ever able to channel verbally, so doing that in my dreams was a help to me.

In the 13 years that I’ve been channeling they helped out a whole lot when it came time for me to quit smoking and quit drinking.  They’re helping out now as I move through menopause.  At least, I appreciate whatever suggestions they give me occasionally.  

But, did I change?  Not really.  I’m pretty much still the same as I was before.  



No comments: