Sunday, March 07, 2010

Helping the Channel to Heal

One of the advantages of being able to channel is that your guide will help you to think and talk about the hard stuff. Your hard stuff will, of course, be different than mine or anybody else’s.


Constantly with my advice to people who are interested in learning how to channel I say that they must make a promise to themselves that they pay attention to their own psychological and emotional healing. I made that promise and keep it, sort of.

In reality, I find that I can be a stubborn as a mule and circumstances sometimes almost seem to surround me to remind me of a mule being beaten with a large stick before I will give in and take care of my own emotional and psychological well being.

Like this morning. I won’t tell you what it was, because it is private, but it was a hard thing for me to even admit to myself. It is something that I am able to ignore and go about my daily life. Here’s how it happened. I was sitting on the pot reading a very good book. This is the fourth in the Outlander series by Diane Gabaldon. I’ve read these books before many times, but enjoy them with the re-reading every time. So, I’m at the place where Brianna tells her father that she is pregnant. He thinks it is by one person, she feels it to be by another. They have so totally screwed up what actually happened and great damage has been done by Jaime, her father, totally beating the crap out of Roger MacKenzie who is actually Roger Wakefield. It’s just a really emotional time. Now, from reading before I know they gave Roger to the Indians and he’s going to have a hell of a time getting back to Brianna.

So, in the telling to her father of her pregnancy both Brianna and Jaime are able to shed horrible burdens. There is the corollary disaster of misunderstanding and the physical damage to Roger when Jaime beat the crap out of him before he gave him to the Indians.

And, I sat there on the pot crying buckets over this story. Now, I can’t remember exactly what Seth said to me. I’m going to give you the gist of it and perhaps he might step in (please?) to help me out with the rest of the story.

Here is what Seth said to me: Not all of what passed between us was with words. Communication on this level sometimes passes as quickly, more so than of thought. I compared the way Missy was crying over her story with how she has yet to cry over her own circumstances. I reminded her of what those circumstances were for she does tend to ignore them for the most part. There is no need to do anything about this issue now or ever. It is just that hidden feelings not expressed, thought not thought will wear upon a person and I sought to help her to explore that painful emotional abscess.

So, thank you to my guide Seth for helping me out. I feel better, though tears are still trickling down my face even though I am busily writing this entry. I just wanted to point out to all of you who are learning how to channel how very helpful your guides can be.

Blessings from everybody this morning.

Just a short note about where I was when all of this took place.  Everybody knows sitting on the pot is private and the best place to read in the house sometimes.  It is also a rather terrific place to channel.  I don't know why, it just is.  The same as when you're taking a shower that you can come up with great ideas sometimes.  So, get over the shock that your guide can talk to you with your pants down.  They really don't care.  (I'm getting snorts of laughter from the Folk in Spirit.)  Have a good day.

No comments: